Monday, July 16, 2012

home.

aloha from japan.
 
probably the thing i miss most about japan is my mom
my mom's house, my mom's cooking,
being home


today i bought a stove.
in japan, most apartments don't come equipped with one.
you buy one, and you move it when you move.
same with washing machines.
so i cooked.


and ate. 
food that i made.
on plates that i bought,
using chopsticks that i chose myself.
(on a table that was given to me)

i work everyday, to make this new place my home.
i have a bed, a couch, carpet.
a tv, speakers, a desk.
but honestly, i still can't call this place home.

but i was sent here.
everything here was given to me.
the stove was bought using money 
that was given to me.

I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me.
Psalm 13:6
this home has been given to me.

No comments: